Monday, December 19, 2016

Wood-burned Wood Ornaments

I was recently in a craft swap on Craftster.org . I love doing these organized craft swaps but just hadn't been able to join any for the past couple of years. I have been wanting to make some wood slice ornaments that I've been seeing on Pinterest and other places on the internet. So, when I saw the Ornament Swap, I knew that would be a perfect thing to get me motivated to actually making them!  I had some juniper bushes we had cut down this summer and some cedar logs that were scrap from a nearby log furniture company. I don't like to run circular saws for whatever reason, so I had to enlist my husband to help cut the slices for me. I them sanded them, and since the juniper had had some sort of bug eating the bark, I treated them with some borax solution. Once dry, I sanded and stenciled out my designs. Some designs were from stencils I had purchased, some were traced from coloring books. Others were inspired by designs I had seen online, since I wasn't selling these. I then, wood-burned the patterns and added some watered down acrylic paint to add a little but of color.





I really like how they turned out! I decided to keep a few and give away a few. 


No comments:

Post a Comment